This list of 50 Things To Do With Kids in December was Freshly Pressed here on WordPress recently. Of course, being the overly ambitious fool that I am, it inspired me to make a list for our little family. The overly ambitious fool part of me got a talkin’ to by the realistic part of me so my list only has 20 items. Dang, I was really shooting for 25.
Because I know that you really want to have some nerdy December holiday-related fun with me, I’m about to share my list. I’m also hoping you’ll all finally confess your dorky love of kid activities even if you’re kid-free. Please? It’ll be fun!
December Fun (for kids and adults who want to still be kids)
- Bake Cookies
- Decorate the Christmas tree
Make crockpot cinnamon applesauce(it’s so tasty – do it!)
- Make salt dough ornaments
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Donate items found around the house (SPCA,
Food Bank, books)
- Wrap presents
- Make a popcorn garland
- Make a paper chain using scrapbook paper for tree or decoration; write things we’re thankful for on each chain link
- Watch a holiday movie. Or two!
- Hang stockings
Send holiday cards
- Put together a card
and giftfor J-slice’s teacher
- Make cards or write letters to send to soldiers and their families
- Make plans to see family
Put up Christmas lights
- Skype with someone we won’t see on Christmas
- Write a Gratitude Letter to each person in our house and one additional person
- Make wrapping paper using potato stamps
- See if we have any greeting cards to donate to St. Jude’s. (Inspired by Steph at her Loving Central PA blog; more here)
Some of these we’ve already done and I want to do them again and some of them we’ve done half-way and we need to complete. We’re having fun so far! I showed the list to J-slice and asked him which ones he most wants to do. His answer? Gingerbread house, popcorn garland, and surprisingly, gratitude letters. Aw, so proud!
I really wanted this list to have 25 items (ya know, like 25 days of Christmas) so I’d love to have your help. Got any suggestions? I’d love to add winter-themed items but the weather’s unpredictable around here in December. Maybe some hot chocolate drinking is in order though? Take a family photo in our family Christmas t-shirts?
What kind of December Fun would be on your list? Reading Twas the Night Before Christmas? Wrangling pets out of the tree? Making a holiday music playlist? (Essentials: Glee and Adam Sandler’s The Chanukah Song). Can’t wait to hear your ideas!